miércoles, 23 de noviembre de 2011

Digging Me (Part One)


B
ut there was something else I wanted to say, something else I had to tell; a story kept for too long which turns my nights into endless nightmares. The exact circumstances are of no importance, though you as a reader may like to know. But then I ask you, should we call a given event differently just because of the circumstances? We may consider it from another perspective, analyze it under a different light, but the essence won’t change. There’s not much time. Or so I believe. How I got here, I don’t know, I can’t remember. What I’m sure of is the way I’m leaving this place, this torment which started before it began.
My life was good, or wasn’t it? I had everything I had always longed for, a nice big house, a fast car, the perfect job, health as strong as steel, and a loving family, a loving family, sounds funny. However, I wasn’t happy. And it’s not that I meant to be cheerful 24/7, but not even a moment’s joy was I allowed. How I realized this, I’m not certain, I just became aware. It was as when you’ve been with your eyes closed for too long and then, when you open them, the bright is too intense and it blinds you. Reality did that to me. I hit a wall, a five meters high wall. But I put up with it, and got over it, or so I think.
It was at night, it was a night’s nights. Not a breath could be heard, not a shadow differentiated from the darkness, and the heath was suffocating me. I had to put an end to it all. Reflection when away for a long time hurts, it startles. I was alive and I became conscious of it. All the years before it I was not living my life, I’m aware now. My senses became sharper. There’s not much time left. As I was going downstairs, it was like descending right to hell, or whatever the way you call it. I descended with hesitating determination, my hands sweating life, my heart pumping crimson blood. The carpet succumbed under my heavy boiling steps. It didn’t take long before I had gripped it. My life hasn’t been the same since then.
If only my thoughts could be hushed. Someone’s approaching…

5 comentarios:

  1. Are you planning to write a book? this is great! You're right; man times people have all the material things they long for, but are not internally complete..

    ResponderEliminar
  2. What a writer! I think it's true, money and/or material things can give us PLEASURE but not HAPPINESS..

    ResponderEliminar
  3. mmm I know there is something deeper in your words but I can't tell what...it's mysteriuos...it's catching and thought-provoking!!! I really like it because you grant the reader the pleasure of interpretation!! I won't tell what I interpret from your words but I do let you it fascinates me!! I'm looking forward to reading part II

    ResponderEliminar
  4. It's geat! I remember what you said last week, it can be seen that you have a clear idea in relation to the feelings you want to provoke on your readers.

    ResponderEliminar