domingo, 23 de octubre de 2011

She is...


Regarding her nature, many things have been said. Many a man has tried to capture her; none of them could. They just twisted her, shaped her, and turned her into an art. You can hear her clamor wherever you are, at any time –silence only strengthens her-. You can see her moving up and down, in whites and blacks. But mostly you can feel her, don’t try to understand her, or explain her; it’s of no use. She longs to be felt. She’s got shape. She’s wavy and robust, but she’s delicate and elusive. She is intense. Sublime. She gets you on your nerves. She eases your pain or makes it flourish as sorrow. She buries your body and lifts your soul. Don’t look for her, you won’t find her. She’s everywhere, in words and numbers, in the water and in the air, in the Earth and in the Space. What would we do without her?

They call her MUSIC.

This is one of my favorite, if not my favorite, piece of classical music. Aria by Johann Sebastian Bach. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6WZmsDtyYo. I lack the words to describe it, but I can tell you that it produces in me a strange feeling of happiness and sadness. Nostalgia?

What kind of music lifts your soul?

5 comentarios:

  1. My husband is a pianist and it was not until we got married that I was hooked on this thing called Jazz. This music became my link to the outside world. I love its spontaneity, and the fact that Jazz is an art of improvisation.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. you found the exact words to define "her"..music is everything, is a way of being connected with the whole world, and also to be disconnected from it...one of the most beautiful types of art..

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Oh how I love music! what could I do without her? For me, music is essential in my lfe.
    Answering you question, the type of music that lifts my soul is the melodic one, however I love all types of music.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. A beautiful piece you chose! Classical music is something special. One inspiring piece I recommend is "Moonlight Sonata" by Beethoven. You've probably heard it before. The genre I normally listen to is rock, mostly progressive or brit. If I had to choose one band, that would be Radiohead.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I never listen to this type of music but this piece is beautiful. I always put Celtic music when I want to relax and forget about everything

    ResponderEliminar